Our mission is to improve the manufacturing industry in Southeast Colorado. Our objective is to educate and inspire locals to explore careers in manufacturing.
We accomplish this by:
- Engaging next-generation manufacturers — 6th through 12th graders — in innovative projects, educational training, special events and facility tours.
- Educating teachers, parents, counselors and elected officials about the Colorado manufacturing industry.
- Partnering with local manufacturers to spotlight successful careers, provide mentorship and support to job seekers, advertise jobs and internships, and offer facility tours.
Achievements So Far
- Raised $50,000 to put physics in five school districts for 6th, 7th and 8th graders.
- Led local manufacturing tours for approximately 850 students per year since the 2014/2015 school year.
- Received the Igniting the Fire Award from the Colorado Workforce Development Council for our efforts to boost Southeast Colorado’s manufacturing sector.
- Received the Sunshine Award from the La Junta Chamber of Commerce for enhancing student engagement with businesses.
- Engage high-school-age students in an innovative manufacturing project that tests STEM skills as well as critical thinking skills.
- Host a Manufacturing Day for Southeastern Colorado communities and schools.
- Offer job seekers a mentorship program and a career board.